Raw Vegan Gluten Free Pumpkin Parfait Recipe
Raw Vegan Gluten Free Pumpkin Parfait Recipe? Yes!
It’s that time of year! Crispy leaves, sweaters…and yummmm pumpkin goodies!
Not only is pumpkin delicious, it’s an anti-inflammatory veggie and a great source of fiber. In one cup of raw pumpkin puree, you get 3g of fiber and only 49 calories. This makes it filling but low in calories. That same cup gives you over 200% of your daily intake of vitamin A (the carotenoid antioxidant that protects and enhances your eyes).
On top of all this they have vitamin C, Magnesium zinc, and more potassium per serving then a banana!
This recipe makes a delicious holiday parfait that’s great as a festive dessert or a seasonal breakfast treat. We spiced up the traditional holiday flavors of cranberry and pumpkin by adding the superfood nutrition of goji berries and mulberries.
*Make sure you get a sugar pumpkin, this is generally what is used in cooking and offers the best flavor for culinary use. You’ll want to cut your Pumpkin length wise into 4 wedges, scoop out the seeds, then using a veggie peeler or knife trim off the skin. Cut off the flesh directly under the stem, this flesh will be tuff. Once you have cleaned your pumpkin, cut into cubes.
- 1/2 medium pumpkin, peeled, seeded and cut into chunks (you need to use a sugar pumpkin for this)
- 1/4 c mulberries
- 1/4- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons coconut nectar
1.Place pumpkin, cinnamon and coconut nectar in food processor or high-speed blender. Pulse until puréed, adding water as needed. You will have to scrape down the sides of the food processor while processing.
Ginger Whipped “Cream”
- 1/2 cup cashews, soaked overnight, rinsed and drained
- ¼ cup hemp seeds, soaked overnight, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, grated
- 2 tablespoons Coconut Nectar
1. Place cashews, hemp seeds and water in high-speed blender. Blend until smooth.
2. Add melted coconut oil, fresh ginger and coconut nectar. Process until well blended.
3. Transfer to container and chill until set
Goji Cranberry Layer
1.Soak 1/4c of Goji berries in water over night or until soft and swollen with water, drain
2. Place soaked Goji Berries, thawed cranberries and coconut nectar into a food processor until it becomes a puree. it’s up to you if you want chunky or smooth.
- 1 cup pecans
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
1. place both in a food processor and pulse until chopped
- In a glass begin layering with pacans, then some pumpkin puree, a cranberry layer then a layer of you ginger whipped “cream”. Repeat this pattern until your glass is filled with delicious autumnal flavor