Lentil & Brazil Nut Recipe for Fresh Vegan Herb Pâté
As a snack all on their own Brazil nuts are a true treat, but they also add a decadently creamy flavor and texture to recipes. Give the following Brazil Nut recipe a try to get your daily dose of selenium, protein, and heart-healthy fatty acids!
This vegan “pâté” is a dairy-free, gluten-free brazil nut recipe spread that is guaranteed to become your new favorite dip, smear and go-to condiment. Make a big batch at the beginning of the week so you have a protein-rich selenium snack on hand all week long!
Brazil Nut Recipe: Fresh Vegan Herb Pâté, with Lentils & Brazil Nuts
- 3/4 cup Brazil nuts
- 1 cup red, brown or green lentils
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley
- 2 cloves fresh garlic
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Pinch of himalayan sea salt
- Pinch of freshly ground black pepper
- Place the Brazil nuts in a small bowl and cover them with water.
- Let soak for at least 2 hours or up to 24 hours. Drain and rinse before using.
- Rinse the lentils under cold water in a fine colander
- Place the lentils and the 2 cups water in a small pan over medium heat.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 20 to 30 minutes, or until the lentils are tender but not mushy. Stir occasionally and check to ensure there is enough water to submerge the lentils. Add more water during the cooking process if needed. When the lentils are cooked, drain any residual water and let cool.
- Place the cooked and cooled lentils, soaked Brazil nuts, olive oil, parsley, garlic, lemon juice, salt and pepper in a food processor and purée until smooth.
- Season to taste with additional salt and pepper if needed.
This beautiful recipe was contributed by the super talented Sarah Betts of www.livenourishpractice.com.